Thursday, July 7, 2011

Praying With Adults

I'm hoping to use one of my favorite chant books with some guests we're entertaining tonight. The book covers the "Office of Compline" (night prayer) in both Latin and English. It is just simple enough that you could learn it by ear, but not so simple that it would bore you to tears.

I've actually purchased a few extra copies of the book for just such an occasion. It seems like a good investment to me, since the hour of Compline seems to be the one time we most frequently entertain guests that share our faith, (or guests in general).

The longer I celebrate the Divine Office, and especially the longer I chant it, the stronger the urge becomes to celebrate the hours in community. There's something truly magical about the Word of God set to music. It demands to be shared with others. I hope you'll consider making this book a part of your "domestic church" as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment